пятница, 7 июня 2013 г.

PRIMADONNA GIRL

Photo



Photo



Photo



scousedmouse: life is really serious and miserable but we put other people's genitals in our mouths...

scousedmouse:

life is really serious and miserable but

we put other people's genitals in our mouths as a sign of affection

Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



Photo



"…throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in..."

"…throw roses into the abyss and say: 'here is my thanks to the monster who didn't succeed in swallowing me alive.'"

- Friedrich Nietzsche   (via psychedelic-tea)

The cocktail placed in front of me is a large, fruity, frilly concoction. I frown and begin to...

The cocktail placed in front of me is a large, fruity, frilly concoction. I frown and begin to undress the drink, placing the umbrella on the serviette in front of me and quickly removing the strawberry that has been slid on to the side of the glass. With its accoutrements taken away, all that is left is a thick, sugary, smoothie-like concoction of cordials and liqueurs; but it’s the most palatable and least embarrassingly-named drink on the menu and I sip it with resigned pace as I watch the sun set over the thatched wicker bar.

“Excuse me,” a voice coos in my ear, with an accompanying tap on my shoulder. I turn around - the voice belongs to an older woman, American, in her fifties or sixties. Her hair is grey and windswept, and her nose bears the faint red sting of sunburn. Behind her stands a man of a similar age, wearing a lurid green t-shirt on over a pair of cargo shorts.

“Yes?”

“Would you mind taking our photograph?” the woman asks, proffering a digital camera.

“Of course not,” I smile. After going days avoiding all speech, it feels funny to be conversing again.

I maneuver the couple so they are standing directly in front of the setting sun, which casts a soft glow around their smiling faces. They clutch hands shortly before I snap the picture, and thank me profusely when they see the final result.

“This trip was our anniversary present to ourselves,” the man explains, smiling. “Thirty years, we’ve been married.”

“That’s wonderful,” I smile. “Have you enjoyed yourselves?”

“Oh, yes,” replies the woman. “We just think we’re in paradise. Do you like it here?”

In the mornings when I wake up, I order breakfast to be delivered to my room, and eat it slowly as I sit naked on my bed, fresh mango juice dripping down my chin. I take long walks before lunch, then eat again before I nap in the sun, coiled like a rattlesnake in the hammock on my balcony. At dinner time, I dine with only a book for company; and with the exception of the American couple I have pretended to not speak the language of anyone who has tried to talk to me. “I love it,” I reply.

“Are you here with anyone? Your family, a boyfriend…?”

I shake my head. “No. Just myself.”

“Just yourself?” The woman shakes her head. “You’re awfully brave.”

I shrug, taking a sip of the milky concoction in the glass before me.

“Don’t you get lonely?”

“No,” I smile. “I appreciate the solitude.”

“A beautiful girl like you,” the man says, “I can’t imagine why you don’t have some young gentleman who’d love to come on a trip like this with you.”

“No,” I smile, wryly. “Neither can I.”

“May I ask what it is what you do for a living?” the older woman inquires, her soft fingers on my arm. “Surely you must be a model or an heiress or something glamorous, to be able to afford to come here all by yourself.”

I laugh softly, the strawberry from my cocktail dangling from its stem between my fingers. For a second, I almost consider telling them the truth, but as I take a bite of the berry I change my mind. It is sweet on my tongue, and I am kind. I smile at the couple with all the whimsy I can muster, and reply, “You could say I’m an actress, I suppose,” I smile. “I’m an actress.”

Photo



Photo



"I still love the people I've loved, even if I cross the street to avoid them."

"I still love the people I've loved, even if I cross the street to avoid them."

- Uma Thurman (via landlockedmermaid)

Photo



Photo



sexsadie: New piece for The Walrus. www.kathrynmacnughton.com



sexsadie:

New piece for The Walrus. www.kathrynmacnughton.com

"We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight,..."

"We sometimes encounter people, even perfect strangers, who begin to interest us at first sight, somehow suddenly, all at once, before a word has been spoken."

-

Fyodor Dostoevsky

(via jamesmoriartsy)

"Shame never creates change."

"Shame never creates change."

- Marianne Williamson (via jenniferslookingglass)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий